Studies show that over 65% of all Americans own a dog or a cat. Of course, along with pet ownership comes the responsibility of taking care of that pet. Pets need food, water, medical care, and some time outside each day. An automatic pet door can make your life much easier and still allow your pet to go outside when he needs to do so. Here are 5 reasons why you need an automatic pet door.
* Your pet can go outside when the need arises and does not have to wait until you are available. If you have small children to take care of, it may be difficult to stop everything to take the dog out for a walk. In addition, there are times when your pet may need to go outside before you can get to the door to open it. This is very true if you are older and have trouble walking or getting around. By the time it takes for you to get up, move to the door and open it for your pet, your pet may have had an accident. This is also true if you have a puppy. Because of the automatic door, it might actually make housebreaking your puppy easier because your puppy can go outside when the urge hits. As most pet owners know, it is especially difficult for young puppies to learn to control their bladder and wait until someone is free to take them out. A puppy needs to go when he needs to go! Even if you have an older dog and if you work during the day, you may come home to some unpleasant surprises because your puppy or dog could not wait until you returned to take him out.
* Automatic doors are energy efficient. This is especially helpful if you live in a colder climate. Because the automatic door is the size of your pet, you won’t have to open the entire door to let out your cat or dog. This means that less hot air or cold air will infiltrate your home which means that the air conditioner or heater will not have to run to bring the house to the proper temperature. This can help to cut down on your heating costs in the winter as well as your cooling costs in the summer.
* An automatic pet door will allow your pet the opportunity for more exercise. In today’s busy environment, it can be hard to find the time to take the dog out or let out the cat. This is especially true if you have a job and a family. An automatic pet door allows your pet to go out whenever he wants to go out, even when no one is available to open and shut the door. This is also very handy if your pet is not feeling well and needs to go outside frequently.
* A pet door is discreet, yet attractive. A pet door can actually be a unique decoration to add to your door design. Indeed, a pet door can create interest and add a bit of dimension to the decor in your home. In addition, an automatic pet door is easy to maintain and clean. If your pet should happen to get mud or dirt on the door, it can easily be wiped off. The automatic pet door will also resist rusting, developing mold, cracking and breaking.
* The pet door is intruder proof. In other words, an unscrupulous thief can not use the pet door in order to access the inside of your home. In addition to safety features, the pet door is constructed using high quality materials and is designed to last a lifetime.