There is a lot of content all over the internet regarding tips on moving to your new home. However, very little is written about how you can use technology while moving to a new home.
There are few really cool tools that can help make your packing and moving to your new home easy.
- Dropbox – There is nothing like Dropbox to save your important documents. Also, with Dropbox app, you can just access your documents at any time. It is very easy and effective. It comes with a free drive space of 2 GB – enough to save all the documents that you need. It’s very unlikely that you would need additional space, but should you need that, then they do have premium plans as well.
- Trello – Did you ever get stuck because you couldn’t complete a vast checklist? Well if that is the case then you need Trello. It has got the kanban system that ensures that you don’t end up spending a lot of time in organizing complicated task lists. In Trello, you can group your tasks easily – and link it to handy checklists. You can make separate boards for moving tasklist, paperwork and so on. Trello even has inbuilt reminders and handy calendar integration that makes organizing easy and fun.
- Digital Locker – Forgot an important document while moving in? Well, you can temporarily use a digitally signed document on your digital locker. It acts as a document proof – say if you lose your PAN card. If you don’t have one, then you can sign up for Digital Locker. You can print out any of your id/address proofs that you link with your Digital Locker. This includes PAN Card, Aadhar card etc. One of the best features of this facility is that every document comes with a QR code that verifies the validity of the document. It is as good as a self-attested document.
- Scanning App – There are times when you’d have to send documents to your landlord, banks for an important document, and at that juncture, a scanning app really comes in handy. You can use apps like CamScanner that will let you scan and share your documents on the go. There is a lot of difference in taking a mere picture to scanning the whole document. In the latter, you get better prints for the documents.
- Packers And Movers App – This trend started in Bangalore. Unsurprising, the search term – Packers and Movers in Bangalore has higher search volumes than Packers and Movers in Mumbai – even though Mumbai has twice the population of Bangalore. UrbanClap, a very popular brand for home services – right from Salon to Makeup, has got into this field. It has one of the highest ratings amongst all the apps on Playstore and well as on the Apple Store. The app has a very user-friendly and intuitive user interface. You can use this app to book and manage your packing and moving.
These pointers will ease up your packing and move. Irrespective of whether you are moving within the city or intercity. In today’s world, technology empowers us to not just scale things up quickly, but also effectively organize. A luxury that none of our previous generations had. So, make the most out of these tools and ensure a smooth move into your new home.