With the utility bills skyrocketing and energy usage adding a significant amount in our bills, many consumers has started to realize the importance of ‘Smart Electric Meters’, primarily known as ‘Smart Meters’. These electronic digital devices have made it much easier to keep track and record of electricity in your home.
Utility companies like British Gas have started the initiative to offer these ‘smart meters’ for absolutely free to their consumers to replace the traditional analog electric meters. You can always call them on British Gas Contact Number to get your traditional meter upgraded to a smart meter. These smart meters are part of the government’s plan to reduce carbon emissions as they will make it easier for homes around the UK to save energy.
Here is a reason that, smart meters are said to be next generation of gas and electricity meters. They are known for their many intelligent functions that can make your life much easier:
- They automatically record and send your meter readings to the company and you don’t have to fuss over it and keep a note of time unlike the traditional ones.
- The smart energy monitor installed in them allows you to keep a check on your usage, as you can view how much energy you are using in pounds and pence, while you the gas and electricity services.
- You can also keep a check on your usage by logging on to your British Gas online account.
- Not only the Pay Monthly consumers, but even Pay As You Go customers are eligible for smart meters. They can easily top-up their account anytime anywhere by using British gas App, or via Online account or can also do it by reaching the dedicated customer service team at British Gas Contact Number. You can also ask the advisors on how to download and use British Gas’s handy smart energy monitor, so you can always keep a track of your energy usage.
Everyone is supposed to receive ‘Smart Meters’ by 2020 and you (as a consumer) also get a heap of benefits through these new devices:
- They help you to be in control of how much energy you’re using and keep a track of energy usage for even smallest of daily chores. For instance, you can see how much energy you’ve used for boiling a kettle or during your weekly wash and how much would it cost you.
- The smart meters are electronic devices that are specifically made to automatically record and send your meter readings to the company and hence making your job easier. It completely depends upon you, whether you’d like to choose it for every half hour, once a day or once a month.
Due to smart meters, there’ll be no more human errors and wrong bills and you’ll be able to get accurate bills with the right calculation.