Babies are always eager to explore the world by observing and reaching up to any material. Thus, it becomes important to identify possible hazards everywhere in the house. This has lead to the need of making out homes safe. Look everything from a child’s eye and try to spot danger zones. If babies reach up to such zones, then it can lead to serious consequences. You need to keep a watch on what they, where they go and what articles they are in contact with. Try to follow given precautions to save you child from unexpected mishap.
- Try to have covers for all electrical sockets and appliances. All the power points must be beyond child’s reach. Try buying appliances which have longer cords so that you can place them at a safe location
- We have many type of furniture in all the rooms. Babies have a habit of bumping into anything they find in front of them. This can lead to serious injuries. Try to make sure the all your furniture have blunt edges and are made up of safe foams.
- Babies can enter into any corner of the house without your knowledge. Baby gates can help much at times. They are sold in various sizes and shapes. There is a handle at the top and the guard moves with the help of wheels at the bottom. Place a baby gate at the kitchen area is always a good idea.
- Babies always try to peep out of the window to explore the outside world. At such cases, bringing a safety window guards will save your child from possible dangers.
- Many a times there are open balconies in flats. This can be very risky for a baby. Even if there are window pain, risk of falling still prevails. At such times try to install sufficient railings.
- Take care to place electrical appliances, which are used on a daily basis, beyond children’s reach. This will prevent babies from electric shocks.
- Mishaps related to fire can happen anytime. Be safe by installing a fire extinguisher and smoke detectors, especially in bedroom. Have a fire escape plan in your mind always.
- Avoid putting table cloths as the babies can easily pull and remove it. Stay away from placing any hot bowl or plate on the dining table and don’t carry and hot vessel when your baby is around.
- When you take your baby for a bath, make it a point to check the temperature of water or else you can burn his delicate skin. Don’t take the risk of leaving your baby alone in bathroom and unplug all the electrical appliances used in bathroom.
- First aid kits should be placed beyond the reach of babies. Such things are undesirable for kids and if they happen to consume them, it can lead to serious health problems. It will be better if you can keep it in a locked cupboard.
Thus, child care is very important. When you are buying property in Lucknow and such newly developed places, check the flat thoroughly before buying it. None of the facility of development should be harmful to your baby.