A waterproofed bathroom is a safe one. Amongst all other debates, it will suffice to say that a small puddle in the bathroom will cause the bathroom to be slippery and hence can lead to accidents. Have you noticed a shower leakage after you have used the shower? Sometimes, showers can leak below tiles as well. This can cause a considerable amount of water in the bathroom and hence may be unsafe for people using the bathroom at that point of time .Sometimes, subsurface areas also gets water and water proofing systems that were earlier installed in the house also get defective.
Waterproofing your bathroom on a budget
- A bathroom is a space that is an overlooked space often in a home. Regular attention has to be given to this otherwise the space will look very used up and eroded. Over time, this space has to be remodeled and revamped and this is going to cost you some money. Keeping your bathroom fresh and clean is very simple and there are very easy steps to follow which will help you water proof your bathroom on a budget. The first thing to do is to keep your bathroom dry at all times. Regular upkeep of the space and cleaning of the bathroom helps in reducing the cost for providing waterproofing systems
- The basic premise of cleaning up bathrooms is that there is calcium build up if you don’t clean it up properly. You should take care of the faucets, floors, tiles and showers periodically. This will ensure that there are no water stains present on these surfaces. Calcium build up on water stained surfaces can block the faucet and the shower openings. Tiles and the bathroom floors will look bad and awful due to the water stains and these build up to a yellow color over a period of time.
- One simple and inexpensive way to renovate a bathroom is by giving it a fresh coat of paint .This will instantly spruce up your bathroom and make it look vibrant and fresh.
- Cleaning of every component in the bathroom should be done with strong cleaning agents once or twice a month. There are a lot of small crevices and spaces in the bathrooms where calcium can build up. Regular cleaning can eradicate lot of issues later on.
- One way of waterproofing the bathroom is by installing tiles all the way up right to the ceiling of the wall. This creates an accented wall which also acts as a protective layer in the bathroom. This makes the wall water resistant and also makes it very easy to clean.
- The ceiling like the other parts of the house is extremely important in the case of a bathroom. Water spills and stains can occur on the surface too and this makes it difficult to clean due to the elevation. One easy and quick fix is to paint the walls and the ceiling with a water resistant paint. This means that you end up saving a lot of money in waterproofing the bathroom.
Tips on getting good and economical waterproofing done in the bathrooms
- Once you have decided on the water proofing that needs to be done in your bathrooms, the next obvious step is to search on a good waterproofing agent. You can locate them through the search engines online or use a good referral from a friend or relative.
- Waterproofing agents help you with your problems and they offer quotations that suit your budget. The nagging leakage problems are effectively taken care of and your home is saved from damages due to water stains.